Sunday, August 28, 2011

What Love?!

I was thinking the other day about how God truly loves us. So many times in my life I ran away from God enjoying the pleasures of this world. I loved to party, swear, drink and everything else that I knew was not of God. I was searching for love in all the wrong places. But God kept loving me. He wooed me ever so softly back to Him. In the book of Hosea God allows Hosea to be married to a prostitute. God tells Hosea to love a woman who is loved by a lover.When I first read this I couldn't understand how God could just sit by and watch this woman break Hosea's heart consistently and not let him leave her. How heartbreaking it must be to love someone so passionately yet they still pursue another to satisfy their needs? In the media we hear of countless celebrities who's significant other has cheated on them and then the marriage or relationship is over.

So why would God allow this to happen? Does he like to torture his people? NO! The prostitute Hosea loved is an example of us! Now you may be thinking why is she calling me a whore she doesn't even know me. But God does! God loves us tremendously that even when we look to others/things in this world to satisfy us He is still there reaching out for us."Wine has robbed my people of their understanding. They ask a piece of wood for advice!They think a stick can tell them the future!Longing after idols has made them foolish. They have played the prostitute, serving other gods and deserting their God".Hosea 4:11- 12 NLT
I don't know about you but I am so glad that God love's me in spite of my shortcomings. He loves us so much that he wants us to live our life just for Him. Our worldly desires have brought us nothing but pain and unhappiness.We must desire to live for Christ and not our former gods in this world.

Please pray with me: Heavenly Father, thank you for loving me beyond words can share. Lord help me to live for you and not my own fleshly desires for I know that you have called me out of darkness into your marvelous light. I choose to live for you Lord and not serve after idols. In Jesus Name I pray Amen.